Frequently Asked Questions - Classes
- Where do you hold your cupcake classes?
- Our cupcake classes are held in a local hall in Paddock Wood, Kent. The hall has ample free parking and is perfectly located for easy access from, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone and within easy reach from the A21, M20 and M25. It is also only a five minute walk from Paddock Wood Rail Station, which serves mainline trains from London and local areas.
- Who teaches the classes?
- Kirsty is the founder and owner of CakeyBake and runs all the cupcake classes. Kirsty has worked as a professional qualified trainer for some of London's most glamorous hotels and Michelin star restaurants for many years. She set up CakeyBake Classes to combine her two favourite things - training and cupcakes! She has an infectious enthusiasm for cupcake decorating and delivers inspiring courses that have been designed with the attention to detail and passion that only an experienced trainer can provide. Kirsty has received Gold and Silver Awards at various prestigious cake shows every year for the past five years - she continues to develop new ways of creating the most beautiful cakes and cupcakes possible and is delighted to share her knowledge with her students.
- What should I bring with me to the class?
- We provide absolutely everything you will need to decorate your cupcakes (even the apron!) and a lovely box to take them home in. We will also provide unlimited tea, coffee and squash throughout the day – the only thing you need to bring is a yummy packed lunch – decorating cupcakes is actually fairly tiring (all that concentration!) and you’ll appreciate a nice break with something delicious to eat!
- I am allergic to wheat – can you make me wheat-free cupcakes?
- We will happily make gluten/wheat free cupcakes for you to work on in the class (it would be very mean to let you decorate all those gorgeous cakes and not be able to eat any of them!) – please let us know at least 7 days before the class so that we can prepare the ingredients for you. Please, however, bear in mind that although we will do everything possible to separate ingredients, the cupcakes will still be prepared in a kitchen that handles wheat products. If you have extreme allergies, we recommend you bring your own cakes for your own safety and contact us to discuss ingredients used duriong the class.
- What is the minimum age for students in your classes?
- Our minimum age is 16 years old. Younger students are welcome to come on our classes but will need to be accompanied by an adult who would also need to purchase a place on the class (please let us know at the time of booking).
- The exception to this is our children's classes, which take place at various times throughout the year. For children aged 3-12 years, an adult must attend with them as their guardian (adults do not have to pay for a space on a class if they are just accompanying a child). Full details are stated on the individual class booking page.
- I’m not very artistic – will I be able to make pretty cupcakes?
- Absolutely! You will be shown step by step methods for creating each style of cupcake and will get lots of one-to-one attention to help you - by the end of the class you’ll be a natural! Lots of our students can’t quite believe that they’ve produced something so beautiful all on their own!
- How will I remember everything you teach me?
- When you come on a CakeyBake class, you’ll be given a full information pack containing recipes, step by step instructions and a full list of the equipment used on the course. You’ll even get a special discount if you want to purchase anything on the day!
- Do you sell vouchers?
- Yes we do! If you would like to buy a voucher to attend any of our courses, please buy it from the CakeyBake online shop (click here to go straight there!). If you have a specific date in mind, please book a space on the relevant class and get in touch with us so that we can provide you with a lovely voucher to present as a gift.
Any other questions?
If there’s anything that we haven’t answered, please email us and we’ll be happy to help put your mind at ease!